Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blue Apron Special

Blue Apron Foods completes me.  Forrest and I did a demo there earlier today. I was blown away by their selection of cheese, meat, and more...and also by the kindness and generosity of the owners and staff.  They gave us so many delicious treats throughout the day.  Bagel Hole bagel with sheep's milk ricotta and smoked salmon? Check!  Proscuitto, mozzarella, and tomato roulette? Check!  Imported Spanish potato chips fried in olive oil? Check!

We made a fantastic bowl of virgin punch for the tasting.  I've scaled down the recipe here, to serve 1.

Blue Apron Special
3/4 oz. Royal Rose Lavender-Lemon Syrup
1/2 oz. lemon juice
4-6 oz. soda water
spoonful of lemon sorbet
1 slice of fresh peach
small rosemary sprig, bruised

Combine ingredients and stir to combine.  Add one or two ice cubes and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! I bought some of your Royal Rose syrup the day you were tasting at Blue Apron (which I also heart :). I made a batch of your Royal Rose cocktail for a picnic today and it was a HUGE HIT.

    My only problem was that the cocktail seemed strong (not that anyone was complaining about that!). I think I might have gotten the ratios off while increasing the recipe, so if you have tips on making batches of your cocktail recipes, would love to see those in the future!

    ReplyDelete