Thursday, March 22, 2012

Elixir Sue

Captain Beefheart from Bluejeans and Moonbeams:

"When I got to the party of special things to do it wasn't hard to find Elixir Sue. I met all the cars, the wild cards, the One-Eyed Jills, the Red Queen. She turned her head, you know what I mean, she turned it back and said, "I got a brand new game I want to lay on you...""

Thank you to Elizabeth Butters for introducing me to Elixir Sue, and thanks to Forrest for creating this psychedelic yet non-alcoholic homage to Captain Beefheart.

3/4 oz. Royal Rose Rose Syrup
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
5 slices cucumber
small pinch of sea salt
soda water

Shake first four ingredients vigorously with ice.  Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with soda water.  Garnish with a slice of cucumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment